KES@Northgate works with health service providers and a range of other local partner organisations in the area to ensure that all vulnerable/at risk adult and children are protected.

Everyone in the UK has the fundamental right to live free from harm and abuse. We are responsible for ensuring all of the services we provide are safe and effective. We ensure that safeguarding is everyone’s business by working closely with a range of organisations in Oxfordshire.

Dr MaryKate Kirkaldy is our Safeguarding Lead.  She is responsible for ensuring the practice safeguards children, young people and adults at risk of abuse and neglect.  Amongst other functions, the key roles of the Safeguarding Lead include:

  • Working in partnership with local authorities, police, district councils and other local organisations to safeguard children, young people and adults at risk of abuse or neglect
  • Advising and supporting the practice in the execution of our statutory safeguarding duty
  • Providing advice and support to the practice team regarding safeguarding concerns

If you require any urgent advice on safeguarding, please contact the local authority for your post code area.

Adult and Children Safeguarding teams can be contacted via the Oxfordshire County Council’s Customer Service Centre on Tel: 0345 050 7666 who will signpost necessary calls to the Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) for children, and to the Safeguarding Adults team for adults at risk.

Out of Hours Emergency Duty Team – 0800 833 408

Domestic Abuse

  • If you are being affected by domestic abuse or stalking and harrassment you can contact the ODAS helpline on 0800 731 0055 (10am - 7pm, Monday to Friday) or email
  • If you are being affected by sexual violence or abuse you can contact the OSARCC helpline on 0800 783 6294 (Monday & Thursday 6.30pm-9pm, Sunday 6pm-8.30pm) or email
  • If you are being affected by so-called 'honour based' abuse or forced marriage, or are worried about somebody that is, you can contact the Karma Nirvana helpline on 0800 5999 247 (9am-5pm, Monday to Friday) or email
  • To report a crime or incident of abuse call 999 in an emergency for urgent action, or for a non-emergency call the Police on 101.

If you have a concern or would like further information, please follow the appropriate links below to the local safeguarding boards and partnerships where you can find information and interagency procedures:

Adult safeguarding

Children safeguarding