There are three different routes for resolving COVID vaccination queries and it is important to understand the difference.  These different services are:

  1. Vaccination Data Resolution Service (VDRS)
  2. Overseas Vaccines Validation Service
  3. GP corrections of demographic data

Vaccination Data Resolution Service (VDRS)

The NHS is encouraging people registered with a GP practice in England to check that their vaccination records are up to date.  If you had your vaccinations in England but there is an error on your record, or you have an incomplete record, you should call 119 and ask to be referred to the VDRS.


Overseas Vaccines Validation Service

Over 16s who have had one or more COVID-19 vaccinations abroad  that are approved by the World Health Organisation can book an appointment at a vaccination site to show evidence of your vaccinations and request an update to your record.   Anyone intending to use their NHS COVID Pass to travel should check their pass status before booking and call 119 if their record isn’t showing correctly.


GP corrections of demographic data

Only queries relating to incorrect personal information on a patient record can be resolved by your GP practice.

Published: Oct 19, 2021